Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

I had a very nice birthday today. First I went to the eye doctor and he said my face is sliding off, then Dr. Hill called to tell me the bump he removed from my cheek last week was cancer! After that, my day was a piece of cake. (lol) The tests came back on the lump and it was definately cancer. Nothing that will spread or cause other problems, but he does want to do another biopsy in a few weeks to make sure they didn't miss any thing. The eye doctor said my eyelids were definitely droopy enough for my insurance to pay for it (30% qualifies and mine are 60%) and that I also need a brow lift. Merilee says I should go for a complete remodle and have a chin lift and a tummy tuck. I told her I didn't think they cared how I "look" - but they might help me able to "look." We are trying to schedule that in Salt Lake at the same time as John's next VA appointment. Last week I got a crown put on a tooth ($749) – they couldn’t get the tooth numb so it hurt the whole time, sigh.

After all that everything was great. I went shopping for some new clothes - nothing fancy but I got to buy a size smaller!! Guess all that walking is helping!

I was so excited. I bought a new pair of jeans, size 10! I bought new shoes, 4 simple t-shirts and 2 blouses like the one in the picture – the other one is pink. I bought dinner so I didn’t have to cook (which I probably wouldn't have any way, but at least this way we got to eat.) lol Most of my kids have called to wish me happy birthday and I am sure the rest of them will call as soon as they read this!!

Now I am heading to the sewing room to put away the supplies I bought, spend a few minutes on the treadmill and maybe sew for a little bit.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your face is sliding off and that you had cancer. . . what a bummer of a birthday huh? It wasn't all bad news though. . . Hooray for size 10!!! I love the new outfit. . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to our Perfect Size 10!! :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY MOM! sorry we didn;t call you on your big day! i guess we are losers :( sorry to hear about your crazy b-day health news. glad you are ok and so excited about your awesome size 10!!! congrats lady you look great! we sure love and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mom I think you're beating the pants(no pun intended) off Anneke and Amber they only do a meesly 3 miles a day.

    Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete