Friday, February 13, 2009

A week of service

Monday - Got Pappy off to the VA dentist in Sheridan - he will come home through Billings and bring Paul home with him for the week, yay! I worked worked on the file folder games for one of our humanitarian projects - mostly laminating the folders and making sure I have glue, markers, scissors, and paper for them for our enrichment meeting tomorrow night. One of my respite clients was having a hard day at school so I picked him up for the afternoon. I spent an hour or so practicing the new chior piece on the piano.


Tuesday - The fabric arrived to make the backs for the quilts we are tying for a humanitarian project - I made backs for all four quilts. Took care of Merilee's kids while she was at school, made chicken and wild rice soup to take to enrichment meeting, loaded all the stuff in the car, unloaded it all at the church then reloaded it all when we were done. Nine people came to the meeting and we tied 2 of the 4 quilt tops I had sewn and got a lot of cutting and coloring done on the file folders. Brought all the stuff back home, unloaded it and put it all away. Practiced chior number


Wednesday - Today I put handles and velcro on 35 school bags (humanitarian project again) and took lunch to a sick friend and her family. Made a sample cot sheet for a day care in New Mexico - they want 100 of them!! Went to enrichment planning meeting. Practiced chior number.


Thursday - Finished up the other 30 school bags, folded and boxed them all. Respite client arrived at 3 and stayed until 10pm. Refilled prescriptions - argued with workers comp and doctors office (very time consuming and frustrating.) Practiced chior number.


Friday - Made more chicken and wild rice soup and took it to another sick friend; continued working on file folder games; another hard day for respite client - picked him up at 9:00. Practiced chior number, gave John a haircut, met with respite case worker.

I need to get the file folder games orgainized and ready for the next meeting instead of doing them all my self - (sometimes that is the fastest way to get things done) and do the binding on one of the quilts we tied - maybe tomorrow.


Tonight we are off to the Stake Valentines Dinner - and John is taking me!!! Paul and Amanda are going with us - should be fun.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are such an inspiration, mom. The funny thing is that this is not an unusual week for you. You do this kind of thing all the time. Like I said . . . wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy busy!! I'm surprised you even have time to blog...haha =). You truly are an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a hot date for the Valentine's Day social! Ditto to what April said, I think service is a staple in your daily routine. I think you're a great example, how did you ever have time to raise seven kids in the process!

    ReplyDelete