Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Paul and Amanda's Visit

Paul and his girlfriend, Amanda, came to visit a week or so ago. It was really fun to have them here. We played guitar hero – Paul mostly beat me so it was fun to watch Amanda beat him!! I need to practice up so I can win more than 2 or 3 out of 10.


Amanda helped me with the file folder games for the humanitarian project. We cut, colored and organized so that all folders had all their parts and they would be ready to be completed on our next Relief Society humanitarian project day, she was a lot of help..

Paul worked on getting points on the "Brown Noser Board" (I decided to call it that for lack of a better name). I keep a list of things on the cupboard door that I either can’t do myself or don’t want to do. The boys and sons in law come home to visit and do as many of those chores as possible – each one is worth 1-5 points depending on how time consuming or how desperately I want it done. They don’t win any thing except points and the satisfaction that they have done more for me then their siblings, which they know will make them my favorite child. They love the competition and I love that stuff gets done. We started a new chart in January – so far Johnathan has 8 points and Paul has 3. Of course they are they only ones that have come to visit so far – but posting this online should get them on the ball.

4 comments:

  1. I always knew I could buy your love. I'm so proud of myself. Make sure you keep the score up so I can stay on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to come down this weekend even if your going to salt lake so I can nock Johnathan off the leader board. Cause I don't want you to have to pretend you love him best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was Nathan not amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I should make a brown noser board so that you guys will come visit us. I am sure I can come up with some things...even if I do rent...lol.

    ReplyDelete