Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Webkinz!!

Last year Merilee bought me a Webkinz for my birthday. I didn't know anything about them, but Kaitlyn and Carly came for a visit and educated me right away. Some of the games are kind of fun, but it is more fun to help the grandchildren play and especially great to send them gifts for their pets.

Lexi has been working hard and saving her money for a new Webkinz pet. She finally figured she was pretty close so we took a trip to Cody to go shopping. Only two stores in Cody carry them and the first one was closed. We looked through the window at all the pets displayed - Lexi was very sad. We finally located the other store - they only had a few to choose from, but it didn't matter. Lexi saw the pink dinosaur and latched onto it immediately. By the time we had finished our happy meals and headed for home she had named her dainty little dino Tinkerbell. I got a camel and of course her name is Alyce!! (as in Alyce the Camel has 3 humps)

Lexi and I had a fun trip - she learned two new songs - Little Tom Tinker and Sweetly Sings the Donkey. She is just like her Granny and sings little songs all day long. She loves learning new ones.



The best part for me was the hugs and kiss and hearing - " You are the best Granny in the whole world!" By the time we reached Greybull, I had her convinced that I was the best Granny in the whole universe. She still doesn't quite understand what the universe is but she knows it is bigger than the world!

7 comments:

  1. Hi my name's Starry, its so nice to meet you, I will go and look at your dry creek site as craft is in my blood, I do quite a bit for my gift ideas blog. I still can't help buying other peoples lovely creations too!
    Best wishes, Starry

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, just got back, love the cloth books and I'd be interested in knowing whether you made the toys in the photo for the security blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least your convincing her of the truth. You ARE the best Granny in the Universe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johnathan says: It amazing that the best granny in the universe can fit in size 10 pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only the Granny part is new #1 in the Universe it has always been :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Dominique says that I'm the "Meanest Mom In the Universe," I like your title better...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lexi had so much fun, she's been singing "Little Tom Tinker" ALL DAY :) Lexi LOVES her new webkinz and is always so excited to get new mail and gifts from you. Not many granny's are as great as you!

    ps. the pictures turned out cute, even though she was being such a STINKER!

    ReplyDelete