Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pity Party

Most of you know that John (pappy)(husband) is disabled and has been for the last 21 years. He hasn't been too bad, but the last 4 or 5 years he has had several major surgeries and just hasn't quite recovered. We get to spend a lot of time together, but we don't go any where much except to doctor appointments. He spends all day, almost every day, in bed sleeping, reading or watching TV. I was really looking forward to today, we were supposed to go to Billings for a dr. appointment- of course I was going to get groceries, pick up stuff for "therapy" (sewing) and paintball and at least eat at a fast food place or maybe Red Lobster if he wasn't too miserable by the end of the day. Not to be. He didn't sleep well last night and his shoulder hurt too bad so he couldn't go. I guess I should be used to it, but it is hard. I hate to drag him with me, but I don't like to leave him home either. And, you can't drive clear to Billings just for sewing supplies. Sigh.
Lance just came upstairs and informed me that the toilet won't flush - I checked the breakers, outlet and pump - everything works except the pump. So now the nasty job of pulling the pump up out of the sewer and putting a new one ($400) down in. Not as easy as it sounds as many of you know who have helped replace it in the past. Broken pump means no showers, laundry, toilet flushing or dishwasher - which is currently full of dirty dishes. Sigh, Sigh.

The best thing for feeling sorry for yourself is to get busy - so here I go!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry :( I hate days that just don't seem to go well at all. They make me just want to go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your amazing mom. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're on our way, mom! The Great Steven to the rescue. :) I guess it's lucky that Merilee needed a babysitter today so we planned to spend Steve's 4-day down there huh. Anyway, sorry the day's not going so well. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh mom...that stinks!! wish I was there to help you out! We all love and miss you here. Looking forward to seeing you this summer! Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you mom, i've replaced that pump many times and would be happy to do it again. Just let me know, and i'll be there in a heartbeat (or two hours). -hoj and anny

    ReplyDelete