Friday, April 3, 2009

We can flush the toilets! Yipeee!

It is fixed!!! Last night when we replaced the old pump with the new one and turned it on ------- water gushed out every where! I suppose it is typical for the funneefarm that the sewer pump goes out but that is not all. The pipe was broken where it goes out of the tank. So it was another night with no flushing then of all things, a blizzard hit.

We woke up to this to do the work in! Those snowflakes were big enough to be snowballs!!

This morning Steve had to dig a hole 4 feet deep big enough for him to get down in, cut off the old pipe and put in the new one. Those of you who have been unfortunate enough to be here when the sewer pump went out before know eactly what I am talking about. Soooooo, after 3 trips to town for parts and only 4 or 5 hours of work in an April blizzard it was finished! We waited the mandantory 5 hours for the glue to dry and turned it on!!

Yippeeee!

The toilets are flushed, dishwasher run - only the basement bathroom left to clean cuz the toilet ran over. (which stinks, cuz I just cleaned it before this happened!)

But all is well now - Steve and April took me out to dinner and I am going to bed and it is only 9:30.

Sorry guys - but Steve is now the brown noser board leader with a whopping 20 points - you have to admit that he earned it.

In between holding parts and doing what I could to help Steve, I did get to spend a little time cutting out some cloth books for a new order - I never actually made it to the sewing machine today. Guess I will have to survive until Monday before I can get a little "therapy".

4 comments:

  1. Johnathan says alright on the points that Steve earned, but he's a little jealous that he wasn't the one fixing the pump:) Thanks to April and Steve for saving the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve is such a sport; not only did he work in the freezing cold, but he also worked in very nasty conditions. You're awesome Steve!
    Also, I am so glad that you (Granny) were able to get everything fixed! You have enough work without mishaps contributing to your list of obligations.
    We miss you all, and we are excited that things are back to "normal"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not fun! I bet you're glad it's fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah . . . yup, my man is such a STUD! :)

    He earned a few more points over the next couple of days too so the rest of you boys better get down there and catch up soon! lol

    ReplyDelete