Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Slugs!!!!!

We found these huge, nasty slugs while camping in Oregon. I knew the kids would love them, so I packed a couple up for an all expense paid trip to Wyoming!

Just as I thought - Brandon is fascinated!

Seth like them better in the jar.

Ashlyn held them, but was a little grossed out.


Brenna wasn't too sure she kept this slug at arms length in case it attacked!


Every one was slimed - stickiest snot I ever saw - we really had to scrub to get it off.

The slugs went home with Brandon but after he let them loose in the house a couple of times - the mysteriously disappeared for good.

3 comments:

  1. Yuck. . . I can't believe the kids liked those disgusting things. The last picture of Brenna is so funny. I feel bad for making them "disappear"-they would have been safer at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwww! I can't believe Merilee let them into her house at all. Gross! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I love these pictures; what a great idea.
    Just think, we have to deal with these slimey creatures year round. I guess I'll take the slugs over snow any day...plus we just put down some ORGANIC SLUG KILLER...dun dun dun!

    ReplyDelete