Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Blankies

I made 5 of these little quilts for the youngest granddaughter's dolls. I forgot that I hate working with satin and bumpy chinelle and I put both of them together for these blankies. I am glad the little ones are to young to notice what a sloppy job I did.

The baby in this blanket is one that Merilee got when she was just 6 or 8 years old.

I made the lap quilt below for my mother. I wrote a poem to go with it.

Long Distance Hug

I made this little lap quilt filled with blue skies and bouquets,
I added summer sunshine to brighten wintery days.
Each stitch was made while missing you;
Each stitich was made with love;
So, when you wrap it snug around you -
I am giving you a hug!

PS - I think she will cry.

5 comments:

  1. Aaaah . . . those blankies are so cute. I can't wait to see the girls' faces when they get them.

    The lap quilt for Grandma looks so pretty. I'm sure she WILL cry at the poem because even my eyes teared up.

    Love you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so sweet! Grandma is going to love the quilt you made for her! I love your poem too! you are a sweet daughter! the little doll blankets are adorable too ;)the girlies will love them! i am lucky to be related to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll blankets are ADORABLE! I doubt the little girls will be checking to make sure the stiching is perfect. I love that old doll. . . do you still have her twin?

    Love Grandma's blanket. It turned out perfect. Who gave you the idea any way? Who ever it was she must be pretty cool.

    Ps. I think she'll cry too. Hopefully she can stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...that is so sweet! I love the quilt and the poem to go with it....it made me cry! I'm sure the little girls will love the baby doll blankets too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job, Lauralee. The blankets are gorgeous! Grandma Byron's blanket is gorgeous...and your poem made my eyes water!

    ReplyDelete