Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful mother's day. My kids showed up after church and cooked me and awesome dinner! They made chicken alfredo, bread sticks, fruit salad and a yummy green salad. It was so nice - the girls did all the cooking ( I think I heard that some of the guys were in the kitchen too) and then the guys cleaned up while we sat and chatted and watched kids. Four of my kids drove clear from Billings just for the afternoon - that is over 2 hours. John had purchased a willow tree figure called "anniversary" for me. It is a couple sitting on a rock. When I saw it I longed for the figures of 7 little children to place around it to represent my kids. I couldn't wait to get to the store to pick them out. But, my awesome children bought them for me. I was so surprised. It was fun arranging them them on the shelf - they look so cool and reminds me of when they were little.

It makes me smile every time I look at them.

5 comments:

  1. I got a kick out of your comment when you said that seven kids would not sit that orderly! Merilee was the genius behind all of this, and I am so glad that we could come down and celebrate! You are a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan is really blessed to have such a great mother! You really are something special. You new gifts seem so perfect! Is it hard to believe sometimes you raised 7 of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea Merilee and gang! I am a huge fan of these figurines! Happy Belated Mother's Day., Granny! You certainly deserved all the pampering you got; too bad we couldn't join the party. I am going to send out your gift today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day again, mom! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I didn;t wish you well on here earlier! I sure hope you know what an amazing lady you are! I love those figurines too! glad they bring a smile to you! Happy LATE Mothers day to a FANTASTIC MOM!

    ReplyDelete