Sunday, May 17, 2009

funneefarm update

Last week we took a run to Salt Lake to see John's VA doctors. They are thinking he might not have Rheumatoid Arthritis after all, but something that is similar to it. They stopped all his RA drugs and he will start on new ones this week. I saw the face doc while we were in SL too. He thinks he can fix my face - the insurance will pay for the necessary stuff, but he thinks I should have almost $9,000 worth of other stuff done too. I said I would rather have a new car - so sorry guys, you will just have to put up with my mug the way it is - but I will give you a ride in my new car.

I did get to visit with Scott (my brother) and Karen and Jenny (my neices) and their families while we were in Salt Lake. What a cute bunch of little ones they have. I wish we could have spent more time with them. I also visited my mom - which is one of the nice things about all these trips to Salt Lake.

On Tuesday (in Cody) John had his rotatar cuff repaired - and a torn cartlidge, and a bone spurs removed, and the joint scraped and smoothed, and frayed edges of something or other trimmed and smoothed. He is pretty miserable - four weeks with a pillow wedge strapped to his arm and at least 12 weeks of physical therapy. sigh But. . . . onward and upward, we will prevail!?!?!

5 comments:

  1. I know you don't like having to go to Salt Lake all the time, but I feel so jealous:) I bet your mom is on cloud nine that she got to see you and John:) I hope that pappy's feeling better in the next little while, we love that guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, 4 weeks! That doesn't sound too fun. I hope they're keeping up on the pain with his meds at least.

    As for your "mug", I love your mug! lol Feel free to just pay off one of my cars instead of buying yourself a new one, though. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still trying to figure out what needs to be "fixed?" You are so beautiful and I truly think your "mug" looks great. Don't waste your money fixing what isn't broke!!! Buy THE new VEHICLE...

    I hope that Pappy feels better ASAP! Life hasn't been easy for him!!! To me, he is a SUPER HERO! WE LOVE YOU!

    I am glad that you got to visit your family. There truly isn't anything better than FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about Pappy's new hardship :(. Tell him we love him and he is in our prayers. i love your "mug" too! hang on to you $$$ we sure love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, PS i am glad you got to visit with Grandma! I am sure she loves your visits! I can't wait to see her this summer. hopefully it works out! :)

    ReplyDelete