Friday, January 23, 2009

My kind of day!

I slept in this morning, clear until 8:30!! Then I rushed down to get my hair done - it was really looking bad. (yikes, don't know why I am posting these, I hate pictures of myself.)

Before

After
I stopped at Merilee's and she made an awesome chicken sandwich for me. She bought a box with a real oyster in it for me on her cruise. I opened the oyster and there was a little pearl to put the necklace that came with it - very cute! I love it, thanks Merilee. She also gave me a cute little doo-dad for my knick knack shelf. I bought Merilee and April these shelves once when they were little because I loved them so much. They weren't really all that interested in them, so I took them back. I put all the little things I have collected over the years in them - but there are still lots of empty spots, so if you go some place exotic you can buy me a little something to help fill them up!!!

When I got home there were 3 huge boxes of new towels to make in to bibs sitting in the kitchen!! I had an order for 60 bibs - so straight to the sewing room I went. I sewed for a couple hours, then back up to check website sales (I had 2 more sales) and of course check everyone's blogs. Then back to the sewing room to finish the bibs. I got all the sewing done, then sat and trimmed and folded them while I watched TV and ate popcorn!!

Sigh, my kind of day.

4 comments:

  1. i like the new doo :) you look great! does sound a great day you had. hooray about the new bibs you get to make and awesome you got a neat souvineer from merilee. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you whenever i go somewhere exotic to fill up your cool figurine box! nice hearing from you :) this is fun! Blake and I are feeling WAY BETTER! thanks for your concern :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hair, mom. Dena always does such a nice job for ya. See you in a couple days! Just keep sewing, just keep sewing, . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn said...
    Very Nice! You are more photogenic than you think...I went and got my hair cut too...mmmm, feels nice to look tidy. Will also look for a cute trinket. Talk to you soon...I am going to go start a blog....yippeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mom - I have a spare one of those little wooden malaysian frogs if you want one...not sure if if would fit on your shelf though. Good to see your face! Love you!
    Leonard

    ReplyDelete